Mindful and Intuitive Eating Group
Mindful and Intuitive Eating are two practices that work well together and can help you gain self-awareness and work toward making peace with food and your body. This is a psychoeducational and support group where members will:
- Learn to cultivate attunement- to listen to and begin to trust your body’s wisdom.
- Learn and practice the ten principles of Intuitive Eating.
- Let go of external rules and become the expert of your body.
- Rediscover satisfaction in eating.
- Learn to feel your feelings and nourish your emotional needs without using food.
- Practice respecting and accepting your body.
- Learn to engage in mindful and pleasurable physical activity.
- Learn to practice mindfulness in general and while eating.
- Practice a mindful meditation in each group.
- Learn to cultivate self-compassion and self-care.
This group is for adult women who:
- Are in recovery from an eating disorder and are medically stable. This group can be part of a comprehensive recovery plan.
- Want to create a balanced relationship with food and feel satisfied and fulfilled.
- Want to break free from dieting and deprivation.
- Want to break the cycle of restricting and overeating or bingeing.
- Want to begin a mindful meditation practice and develop more self-compassion.
*Required reading before beginning the group: “Intuitive Eating, A Revolutionary Program that Works”. Required to bring with you to the group: “The Intuitive Eating Workbook, 10 Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food”, both by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN and Elyse Resch, MS, RDN.
This is an ongoing group that requires an initial consultation and 3-month commitment. $65/group billed weekly. Please contact me for an initial consultation.